OTOBA HI-POINT OREGON-BRED
at the 2024 summer fair race meets
Cash awards will be given to
the top five fillies/Mares and the top five colts/Geldings!
1st - $1000 2nd - $750 3rd - $500 4th - $250 5th - $125
The OTOBA offers this incentive program for our Owners
who support the summer fair racing circuit in Oregon.
Breeder awards will be paid on Oregon-bred earnings during the 2024 Summer Fairs.
- Must be a registered Oregon-bred Thoroughbred
- Point system: 1st place finish=5 points, 2nd place finish=4 points, 3rd place finish=3 points, 4th place finish =2 points, 5th place finish=1 point. FIVE additional points will be awarded to each horse that enters & runs at a fair meet (example: 5 points for entering & running at Eastern Oregon Livestock Show, another 5 points for entering & running at Grants Pass Fair). Points will be calculated by a representative of the OTOBA. Note: points follow the horse, not the owner or trainer of the horse.
- The owners will receive a cash award. The winning trainer of each category will receive a cash prize.
- if the horse is claimed and starts in future fair meet races then the points follow the horse.
- if the horse is claimed and does not start in future fair meet races then the points do not follow the horse. (example: The current High-Point TB horse is claimed at Tillamook Fair and does not start another race at the remaining fair race meets; the points remain for the owner of the horse prior to the claim-not the claimant connections.)
- Points expire at the end of the 2024 Summer Fair Circuit.
- Owners and Trainers must be members of the OTOBA to avoid a 5% service charge on cash awards.
- In the case of dispute or clarifications, the OTOBA Board of Directors will have the final decision.
- Points will be awarded to Oregon-bred Thoroughbreds who place 1 through 5 in Thoroughbred races only. Mixed breed races will not be recognized for points or awards.
Oregon Thoroughbred Owners & Breeders Association
Promoting the owning, breeding and racing of Oregon-bred Thoroughbreds